[geeks] distributed folding, and patents

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Mon Feb 24 22:31:08 CST 2003

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 01:43 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 12:54:08PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>> According to the FAQ, Mt. Sinai Hostpital will own any new intelectual
>> property associated with the data resulting from the study, and will
>> make any discoveries available to the public, at no cost, some time
>> after the initial research is finished.
>> http://www.distributedfolding.com/faq.html#q32
>
> "some time after the initial research is finished"
>
> e.g., "after we make our profits, once its useless" ?

They publish their annual reports on the web.

http://www.mtsinai.on.ca/AboutTheHospital/Annual%20Reports/Report01_02/
Summary.htm

Since hospitals in Canada are 80-90% funded by the government, they
don't have the same asinine profit-based mentality that US hospitals
have - there are other asinine things, like the waiting lists for
non-emergency care, but focus on profit isn't one of them.

Bryan