[geeks] Wooden cases/keyboards/mice

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Sun Feb 23 23:37:17 CST 2003

Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Gavin Hubbard <ghub005 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> > Hi Lads
> >
> > Someone sent me a link to this site today. There is something so
> > wrong, and yet so right about the products they make.
> >
> > http://www.arborealtech.com/
>
> Ugh - what a waste of a tree.
>
> Better to make a nice desk and shove the beige box in to it, than to
> "veneer" a mahogony skin on a beige box...

granted that the inside is metal, but it hardly looks like veneer on a
beige outercase. And the moce and keyboards are specifically not veneer.

Personally,I like it- expecially the mouse. I'd hav to try a keyboard,
though I suspect the mass of the keys themselves would make it feel more
like the older metal keyboards i love. I'd rather have steel and granite
desk tops given what I do to them :)

Seriously, it's not worse than the decorative aspects of design in a
blade1000 except that the material isn't purple plastic.

-C