[geeks] Small serial terminal

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Feb 17 20:28:44 CST 2003

Okay.  I'm looking for something along the lines of "smallest possible
AC and/or battery-powered VT100 compatible serial terminal".

Having a P3 laptop as a serial terminal is overkill, having a Televideo
950 is overkill size and power-wise.

I've got a Jornada PocketPC at work, but the screen and keyboard is too
small (has to scroll to do 80x25).

I'd like to avoid using a laptop for this purpose, unless its something
small that I can boot off a floppy (and not have to power the HD).

I saw a small dedicated serial terminal on eBay once; had all the comm
functionality in ROM and had no removable media... but I forgot the
name of it after I lost the auction.

Saw some plasma/LCD (orange! woo!) VT320-compatible units on the net
once too, but they were above my price range.

Suggestions?  I need one of the below:

a.  flat-panel or similar, uses normal LKxxx keyboard or PS2 keyboard,
    AC power, for use at home in space-limited situations.  VT100 or
    better emulation.

b.  Portable.  Needs to have decent usable keyboard and screen that
    handles 80x25 display, with 9600 8N1 serial.  VT100 or better
    emulation.

Bill

--
bill bradford