[geeks] Distributed folding patent

Yuri K koroby398 at ifrance.com
Mon Feb 17 15:09:39 CST 2003

Hello Caleb,

Monday, February 17, 2003, 20:34:54 (UTC), you wrote:

CS> The Distributed Folding folks are all happy that they got their patent
CS> on their folding algorithm today.  Disgusting.  I thought this was for
CS> the pure advancement of scientific knowledge.  Anyways, I left a rant on
CS> their message board and I'm pulling all my machines off it.

I remember they wouldn't share the results over a year ago, so I was
surprised when everybody got excited here when we started, but then I
looked and saw they kinda opened up.  Apparently, they'll keep playing
games like this since they want to have both: money and parishioners.
The only open project at that time was as Stanford, but it's nature
and goals were different.
I guess, I will pull the plug on Toronto folks.