[geeks] Huzzah: job interview tomorrow

Matthew Braun mjbraun at enteract.com
Wed Feb 12 00:02:34 CST 2003

Well, I'm pseudo-interviewing for a job tomorrow. I say pseudo because
it's not the official interview but I suspect it's the one that will
carry most of the weight, as I'll meet the team and they'll form their
opinions on me then, which will carry over into the "real" interview.

Everything so far has given me a good feel, with them wanting me to
expand my resume to 5 pages of in-depth narrative and giving me
pointers and feedback.

This is for a network security position with the University of Chicago
specializing in Windows security. While much of their back-end work is
handled on Unix boxen, I'd be responsible for securing and auditing the
Windows machines. So it looks like it will be an even split, workload
wise, between both clans, which is fine by me.

This may be the opportunity I've been waiting for to flex my muscles
(not that I have much) and broaden my horizons.

Oh, and there are coeds (though the UofC is known as "the place where
fun comes to die").

Praying...