[geeks] Re: Windows XP?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 22:50:22 CST 2003

--- Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:
> On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 09:47  AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> HE's perfectly allowed to rant about the OS he didn't install... as
> you said one puts oneself in a jail.  Kurt chose a different jail
> and is ranting about the one he didn't choose.

Fair enough...

> Most companies activate products... but once activated, they STAY
> activated.  The company also doesn't have a very obvious (disclosed)
> backdoor in order to deactivate your product.

I've seen products that query the local network looking for other
machines using the same license key (they communicate over a private
port and play "you show me yours, I'll show you mine") - when two
copies of the same license were found, one would be disabled... That
didn't bother me too much...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com