[geeks] CD recorder opinions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 09:53:06 CST 2003

--- Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at celestrion.net> wrote:
> >
> > I've had good luck with buying the cheapest possible item on the
> > shelves of the local wallmart.
>
> That's about where this is headed :)
>
> Shawn suggested LG, and as far as I can tell, nobody else can do
> DVD+CDRW for anywhere close to their price

I just picked up a cheap CD-RW drive at CompUSA for $29 (after rebate)
and a cheap DVD drive for the same $29 (after rebate)...

$90 out of pocket, $60 after rebate (of course, that will take up two 5
1/4" bays)

Cheap is good, in certain applications - these drives are headed into
an Ultra AXe-based box...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com