[geeks] CD recorder opinions

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Feb 6 13:18:54 CST 2003

Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:

> My suggestion is to not use IDE :)
>
> Of course they work ok if you want to mess around with
> scsi emulation but with scsi cdrs at less than $100 bucks
> shipped (and SCSI Plextors at just over $100), it's hard to
> convince myself to do so.

I *knew* someone was going to say that.  When asking about IDE, the
probability aproachs 1 that someone will say "IDE SUCKS".  Conversely, as
soon as someone says that, the odds of someone piping up about how fast IDE
is these days and how well it compares to SCSI also aproaches 1.

This is for a Windows gaming system with built-in ATA133 interfaces, SCSI is
a waste of time in this system.

> That being said, i have used Smart & Friendly, Rioch and
> Yamaha IDE burners with great success in the past.

Cool.  Thanks.
--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."