[geeks] Using laptops in Cafes

William S. wstan at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 3 06:08:01 CST 2003

There was a cafe I used to go to in Boston
where people would sit down for extended periods
of time and sip coffee, read books and newspapers,
take things slow.

I recall on a few occasions people would sit
down with their laptops and type away, maybe
doing student stuff or writing a personal journal.

I don't really take my laptop around with me very
much here in Amsterdam and have only seen a few
people open them up in a cafe and do things with it.

I am wondering what your experiences are. How many
of you take them with you and open the up and do work
in a public place? I would assume this would be more
common in the big cities like NYC and places on the west
coast.

--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL