Coolest looking machines was RE: [geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Sun Feb 2 23:28:30 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:03:53PM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Okay so far we've got the powerbook as the coolest laptop, the SGI o2 as
> probably the coolest desktop with the g4 towers being a close second,

I don't know.  I'd put the G4 Cube, or better still NeXT cube ahead for
desktop.   Or the SGI Fuel, or the BeBox.  I'm not really all that moved
by the O2s appearance.

> the coolest looking big boxes being Onyxs or z series, and the coolest
> looking supercomputers being thinking machines or various crays.

1st Gen Onyxs aren't that great looking from the outside in my opinion.
I think the desksides look nicer.  Onyx2s though, those are a whole
'nother matter.