[geeks] RealVNC

Kirby Menzel kmenzel at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 2 04:16:11 CST 2003

On Sunday 02 February 2003 03:11 am, William S. wrote:
> I have been using RealVNC for <24 hours to connect
> from my Thinkpad 600e running XP to my P166MMX
> upstairs (Slack).
>
> So far my impressions are good.
> Anyone else doing this sort of thing have
> any impressions or alternatives?

I've been playing a little bit with TightVNC, and I rather like it.  It can do
ssh forwarding as a feature, and can use jpeg compression and zlib and a few
other nice little bandwidth-reducing hacks.

Of course, it would be good to hear from someone who has used both to get
their view on which is better.

Kirb