[geeks] RE: Reevaluating Macintosh (was Dual Xeon vs Dual G4)

Joacim Melin listor at melin.org
Sun Feb 2 02:40:47 CST 2003

As a sr. test editor for a networking/computer magazine, I have to
disagree.

Here is two examples, one of a company trying to get their stuff into
the press, and one of a company that's tries but not that hard since it
isn't their core business :

a) Monday, January 2003, phone rings : Dell asks if I'm interested in
reviewing a new NAS system.
Wednesday, January 2003, phone rings : Dell asks if I'm interested in
reviewing a new server system.
(and this goes on and on with the other major players in the server
market as well...)

b) Tuesday, August 2002, phone rings : Apple asks if I want to review
the XServe.
(and this is all I've heard from them when it comes to servers...)

joacim

"What's with the 'Intel Inside' warning label anyway?"

who > joacim melin
how > joacim at melin.org
where > http://z80.org