[geeks] U2

dave dave at cca.org
Sun Feb 2 00:55:40 CST 2003

fernande at internet1.net writes:

>dave wrote:
>> You didn't see the news about a U2 going down in Korea last week?

>I didn't realize we were still using U2's?  I think I heard something
>about it last week, but was on my way/doing something/etc, and figured
>I'd here about it later.  What happened?

There have been slight changes in the design, but I believe the
military has used the U2 continuously since the mid 50s.
Details beyond that are going to be hard to pin down - it is
a spy plane after all.

Here's CNN's article about last week's U2 crash:

	http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/01/26/skorea.crash/

NASA has used U2s (and slight variants) for various research
programs since the 70s:

	http://www.ess.uci.edu/~cmclinden/link/xx/node30.html

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------