[geeks] Copyright questions

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Feb 1 23:43:36 CST 2003

Thank you for your permission sir, and I will do my best.

The whole reason why I want to use quotations is to provide context.

The most damaging tool of the yellow journalist, and the worst mistake
of the amateur, is the out of context quotation, because it cannot be
simply denied. You're forced into the position of justification, and a
defensive posture never looks good to the public. This then tends to
reinforce the distorted effect of the quotation.

Personally I prefer to have a more complete quotiation with proper
attribution and context than to risk even the chance of
misinterpretation.

Chris Byrne