[geeks] Copyright questions

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Feb 1 23:03:53 CST 2003

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 09:49:57PM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Sure, no problem. A very reasonable request sir.
> I havent written anything yet, I wanted to get permission first, but I
> should have thought of that.
> What I had thought of doing was taking postings I had either made or
> responded to, and putting them up, either as they were written, or
> expanding them into a full article.
> I figured that it would be necessary to include at least quotations from
> the original source material for context in the case of items that I had
> responded to if nothing else. If I didn't include the source the
> response may not make sense (hell it might not make sense with the
> source but I can try).
> I also thought that quotations from other peoples responses to my
> postings might be necessary for continuity. And I would like to place
> attribution to original arguments, and ideas from other people that I
> use or dispute in my writings.
> I'll have something written by tomorrow and Ill post a link to it.

Feel free to expound upon stuff YOU have written.  Each poster to these
lists retains copyright to their own posts; I'm just the delivery mechanism.
If you want to quote / reuse material from any other post on the lists I
host/maintain, you'll need to get permission from each poster involved.

I'd prefer if you not reprint/republish/quote any of MY posts, personally;
I'd rather they just stay in the list archives.

Of course, you can link to posts in the archives if you wish, but please
do not use any of my material in-line on any of your writings or pages.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net