[geeks] Crap! Not again...

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Feb 1 19:08:28 CST 2003

If our govermnet really wanted to put a new shuttle into space Id say
it'd be pretty easy (barring all the regulatory contractor related
bullshit that makes a screwdriver cost $47.00 of course)

Hand Burt Rutan a billion bucks, give him a five year deadline, the
right to ask for any NASA engineers he needed, and no interference.

Obviously this isnt going to happen. Of course if a few people like say,
Jim Clark, Bill Joy, Steve Wozniak, Paul Allen et al got together and
decided they wanted to build a spacecraft...

Also probably not gonna happen.

Oh well. It's not like the human race should progress beyond the
earthbound state we're in now right. After all If god had wanted us in
space he'd have given us rocket motors instead of arms.

Chris Byrne