[geeks] Dual Xeon vs Dual G4

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 14:57:51 CST 2003

I just read (at lunch) about Linus (yes, that one...) and the press
conference he participated in when Transmeta demonstrated their new
chips. The interesting part was that Linus said he was spending more
time with his laptop than his 8-way Xenon machine at his desk. He went
on to say that well, yes, the 8-way box was *fast*, but not nearly as
portable as his laptop, and it took so darn long to boot (paraphrased).

(From Rebel Code)

8-Way Xenon - Hmmm, SNMP-goodness! ;^)

=====
Lionel