[geeks] Dual Xeon vs Dual G4 (links)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 10:54:21 CST 2003

--- Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 03:36 AM, William S. wrote:
>    If something crazy happens and Apple does switch to Intel
> processors...if they become Yet Another PeeCee Manufacturer...Well,
> we see where that got DEC, Data General, Unisys, Honeywell/Bull, and
> very nearly SGI.  And pretty much every other company that's tried
> it, except for IBM who had sense enough to get out while the gettin'
> was good.

Apple will never become "Yet Another PeeCee Manufacturer..." - their
whole reason for existing is to provide a choice, in fact, M$ invested
in Apple to maintain that "illusion."

I've been reading a lot of PC/Computer History (Currently reading
"Rebel Code"), so I may be off-base with "current" trends, but Apple
needs to maintain it's difference to survive.

(BTW, I love the new PowerBook ad with the 12" and 17" PowerBooks)

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com