Coolest looking machines was RE: [geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sat Feb 1 00:03:53 CST 2003

Okay so far we've got the powerbook as the coolest laptop, the SGI o2 as
probably the coolest desktop with the g4 towers being a close second,
the coolest looking big boxes being Onyxs or z series, and the coolest
looking supercomputers being thinking machines or various crays.

I think the common factor in all of them being they were designed to
look as good as they were/are.

Of course if you did that with the average x86 machines it would look a
little like a cross between a morris minor and a trabant.

Chris Byrne