[geeks] when will it end? (Clam AV)

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 20 03:24:59 CST 2003

From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:38:47AM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> > I had my doubts about it at first but so far it has done
> > exceptionally well.  It even identified a Word macro virus that
> > Norton Enterprise AV didn't catch (i'm using it on my samba servers
> > as well as email gateways.)
> > Even comes with a nice little update script (freshclam) to put into
> > your crontab.
>
> How are y'all integrating it with Postfix?

If you haven't already checked it out you might want to have a shufty at
Mailscanner.

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml

We use it with McAfee AV and Sendmail but it's nicely modular and supports the
Clam AV and Postfix combination. Good documentation, seems very stable and
mature, we've been happily using various versions for years with no problems
at all.

Will.