[geeks] Octane keyboard flash!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:24:58 CST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:54:40 +0000
rob wrote:

> I'm sitting at my desk, reading a book, with the Octane on playing
> XMMS.
>   I glanced up and saw all three keyboard lights flash on then off
>   once.
> It did it earlier, but that's when I thought I imagined it.

This happens to me only when the keyboard is plugged into the POS Belkin
KVM.  If the keyboard gets plugged into the Octane directly, the ligths
don't blink.

FWIW, the KVM also fucks with the key repeat rate, and slows it down to
a crawl 2/sec or something equally obscene.

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.