[geeks] Ardent Titan on ebay

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sat Dec 20 03:24:55 CST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&category=4193&item=2767143214
>
> Just stumbled over this one. Might be worth something to some
> collector? The guy
> also is selling an Intel Paragon.

A tad high asking prices for machines w/o any specs. Both are nice
historical machines, but the fact that softs and docs are unobtanium :(, I
always wanted to see a paragon or any other stardent machine in action,
since they were the other MIPS based graphics supercomputer vendor (as
opposed to SGI). They even had their own rendering library D'ore which was
a tad like performer but almost a decade earlier.

Oh, well... I'd love to have a shell in those old machines to play around
compiling stuff. The Titan had a vector co-processor for each CPU, so I am
sure even Dave would dig it :).