[geeks] xinerama over 4 screens issues

Moughan, Laurence Laurence.Moughan at o2.com
Sat Dec 20 03:24:54 CST 2003

Hello,

Having problems with a xinerama config,

I have no problems with 3 screens( able to mouse explore and move
applications between ), but the forth screen only shows white console output
and not my CDE session ( this display is localhost:0.4 )

Any clues ?

below the Xservers entry and my /dev/fbs listing

Thanks
Laurence

:0	Local local_uid at console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 +xinerama
-nobanner -dev /dev/fbs/m640 defdepth 24 -dev /dev/fbs/m641 defdepth 24 -dev
/dev/fbs/m642 defdepth 24 -dev /dev/fbs/m643 defdepth 24 left

# cd /dev/fbs
# ls -l
total 8
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          40 Sep 26 11:53 m640 ->
../../devices/pci@
1f,0/SUNW,m64B at 13:m640
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          45 Nov 19 09:49 m641 ->
../../devices/pci@
1f,0/pci at 5/SUNW,m64B at 0:m641
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          45 Nov 19 09:49 m642 ->
../../devices/pci@
1f,0/pci at 5/SUNW,m64B at 1:m642
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          45 Nov 19 11:17 m643 ->
../../devices/pci@
1f,0/pci at 5/SUNW,m64B at 2:m643

Laurence Moughan
Senior OSS Engineer

O2 Ireland
76 Lower Baggot St,
Dublin 2,
Ireland

t  +353 (1) 6095363
f   +353 (1) 6195363
m +353 (0) 86 8142365

www.o2.ie

This E-mail is from O2. The E-mail and any files
transmitted with it are confidential and may also be privileged and intended
Any unauthorised direct or indirect dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received the E-mail in error please notify postmaster at O2.com or
                  telephone ++ 353 1 6095000.