[geeks] RE: cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Sat Dec 20 03:24:53 CST 2003

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
   I spoke to someone here who's actually used both services, and he had
better experiences with Cox. He's also the pointiest-headed guy on the network
team, and I'm probably going to ask him for help, so I may as well start out
by following his advice. :7)
   However, I like the idea of DSL not blocking any ports or banning servers
(though I can't confirm that yet).
   Anyway, I'll let you know if I have any good or bad experiences to report.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator