[geeks] cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Sat Dec 20 03:24:50 CST 2003

>>  Plus, all bandwidth is shared *somewhere*,
>> whether its on the CPE end or at the DS3 connection to the "net".
>
> Very true.

For some reason where I live right now we got comcast cable and it
really
kicks serious ass. End of the year they are upgrading to 3mbit and so
far
I had no problem with them. Same ip since over 2 years. It works 99% of
the time (well there was this one incidence where a truck hit a pole and
knocked out their DS3, and of course the hurricane when the power went
out and the amp's lost power after a few days on battery). Also the
trueput
is allways there. Even during main internet rushhour i get 100%
bandwidth.