[geeks] cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 03:24:49 CST 2003

--- William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
> I'm ignerunt, so if anyone could give me a hand choosing between Cox
> Cable and Verizon DSL for broadband, I'd be grateful.

I am in NJ, but have had nothing but very good service from Verizon.

One thing to factor in - *if* there is a problem with your cable, how
long does it take to get fixed? Compare that with the response times
for your phone service - that comparison would sway me one way or
another...

Personally, I like the design of DSL better than Cable for broadband,
but I suspect it is based on more emotional, less technical, reasons.

Hope this helps,

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall