[geeks] cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 03:24:49 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, William Enestvedt wrote:

> I'm ignerunt, so if anyone could give me a hand choosing between Cox Cable and
> Verizon DSL for broadband, I'd be grateful.

Verizon has made it a point to not have a working Postmaster address for
about 5 years now (in fact, it still directs to the same non-working
gte.net address).  Fsck them and their spam-haus of a network.

>    Is it worth it to take the free modem from either provider? Am I likely to
> get more consistent speeds from a DSL line?

I'd go with cable.  I hate the technology, but I hate Verizon a -lot-
worse.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire