[geeks] From Slashdot... Upgrade your Cobalt Cube...

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Sat Dec 20 03:24:48 CST 2003

These are value engineering reasons for doing so.
Value engineering is good for profit margins, bad for
"rescue" value.

The Apple Cube did have a HUGE external power supply,
didn't like that one either.  The PS was almost as big
as the cube itself.

My hatered of wall warts and line lumps started many
years ago when i was building up my home studio.
Although not true in all cases, the majority of
external power supplies are cheap and as a
consequence are electrically "nosiy" causing me to
loose sleep while trying to hunt down buzz or 60 cycle
hum.  I have hated them ever since.  In some cases they
make sense, but i generally stay away from things that
use them.

/KRM