[geeks] you know you've been using $x too long when..

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Dec 30 16:19:23 CST 2003

As I recall, 'Bill Bradford' wrote:
> I want RADIO TIVO.  I find myself listening to the radio going "oh, rewind
> that".. er,, durrr. nevermind.

Got one.

Two, actually.

One I built some time back.  Linux box, FM radio card, mp3 encoder,
some custom shell scripts, cron, and a cd burner.  I capture
scheduled radio programs, encode them as mp3, burn them to CD,
and listen to them on my 3hr round trip daily commute.

It keeps me semi-sane.

Yes, I ripped the idea off mostly from my beloved Tivo, although even my
first homebrew in-car mp3 player 5 years ago had fmradio capability.
(http://pcisys.net/~dand/mp3)

I've been toying with the idea of installing an updated computer in
the car for various reasons (including a radio shifter), but then I
found the Radio YourWay unit.

The Radio YourWay I got last week.  It does all of the above, including AM,
(except the mp3 is stored on internal 32MB or an SD card instead of CD), is
the size of a pack of cigarettes, and cost me $121.94 shipped from Amazon.

So far, so good.

-DanD

# I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.
# 		ASHLEIGH BRILLIANT
#