[geeks] site survey

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Dec 29 16:04:53 CST 2003

As I recall, 'Bill Bradford' wrote:
> > GSM.  Maybe in another year you'll be able to install apps on it.
>
> Sweet, as I've got a GSM phone plane right now.  I definitely want it.

You'll have to pay about $20 more a month for the sidekick service.
It uses GPRS, but is hard-coded to use Danger's access points where
all your internet stuff is proxied.  This is nice for the browser,
since it scales all of the images and web pages are frighteningly
fast, but you don't get javascript or choice of browser.  You're
stuck with whatever they give you.  You're also locked in to
only a few providers:  T-mobile or Cingular in the US.  Canada has
Fido and some other provider.

My service went down $20/month by switching to the P800 and
I get more minutes and the infrared port is actually enabled
and I've installed tons of software with more to come when
the bigger storage card gets here.  I better stop.  The more
I seethe, the closer it gets to the truck wheel.

-DanD

# He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
# 		M C ESCHER