Fresno (was [geeks] OT: bang, bang, bang...)

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Dec 22 07:04:22 CST 2003

Phil wrote:

> The vultures that roost in the trees overlooking the Fresno
> battlefield add an interesting tough of color.  ;)

   Are you near Fresno? Do you know the area well?
   My grandpa served in a signal intelligence unit in the Philippines during
WWII that did about a year of training at Camp Pinedale, which is only
described as "seven miles from Fresno." Thery did field exercises there, but
also set up direction-finding and intercept units around the area.
   Anyway, I'm from Minnesota, and I live in Rhode Island now -- as I've been
working on a paper about his service (most of the documentation on his unit is
still classified) for maybe four years now, actually _talking_ to a person
from the area is quite weird for me. :7)
   Anyway, sorry about the spasm, but I couldn't help asking.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator