[geeks] Mac hard hangs resolved

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:54 CST 2003

On Dec 19, 2003, at 5:51 PM, Nadine Miller wrote:

> According to what I see in System Profiler and matching pictures/
> model numbers on Apple in the KB, they are PM G4 AGPs.

Then I see no problem with swapping modules then.  The only small risk
is if you have a version 1 vs. a version 2 logic board... but I've
never seen a version 1 logic board at work... then again most of the
machines we worked with were all 500's.  There may be a difference...
here's how to tell

from GSX: " NOTES:Version 1 and Version 2 logic boards are similar and
must be replaced like for like. To differentiate boards, check the EEE
code (the last three digits on the serial number bar code). The EEE
code is HHQ, HHP, HJZ, HKD, or HL9 for Version 1 logic boards and HQT,
J6M, or JVE for Version 2 logic boards.Note: In some cases, an extra
digit may be added to the end of the logic board's serial number. If
none of the EEE codes listed above match the logic board you are
attempting to identify, removethe last digit of the serial number and
check these codes again. "

If the two machine's boards EEE codes match, go ahead and swap modules
and test.

Let us know how it turns out

Regards,
Andrew