[geeks] Mac hard hangs resolved

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:54 CST 2003

Turns out that my hard hanging problem was likely
not really a hard hang, but video issues (should
have tried ssh'ing in, I guess).

I got another couple today, and the last time, when
I rebooted got no video out.  Swapping the video
card resulted in no video out either.

I put the original card in another Mac, and it works
fine, so I figure the AGP port on the one with the
lockups was flaking, and finally died.

I may bring a PCI card in from home to test this
theory, but don't care all that much (since it's
not my box).

I do have a question, though.  Is there any jumper
voodoo involved in moving a G4 450Mhz from one
graphite mobo to another graphite mobo that
currently only has a 400Mhz?

Thx.
=Nadine=