[geeks] This is NOT how your server room should look like

nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:50 CST 2003

> http://gallery.colofinder.net/shameful-cabling

This brings up an idea I had for decorating your server room for Halloween/Samhain.

Take several of the robotic CPR dummies that have remotes on them and tie them to the back of the server racks.

String all the cabled carefully through the sides of them.

Place handcuffs or chains on their wrists like they were chained to the racks.

Decorate with fake blood.

Wire a control server with A/D card to run the remotes.

Program the dummies to randomly open their mouths when the server loads are high.

Install Peep and sound cards in all the servers and set the disk/network threshholds to produce screams when they go beyond certain limits.

Put speakers behind heads of dummies.

Start hammering the servers.

;-)

Yes, I know...expensive and twisted.  Your point is?

Mike Hebel