[geeks] Is it back? Is verisign striking back?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:50 CST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:26:20 -0600
Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
>
> > So I just by accident entered a wrong url and what do I get?
> > sitefinder.verisign.com ... hmmm
> > The url I was going to was http://www.%c2%a0mymobilevideo.com
>
> That's odd.  I don't.

I don't either.  Either Adelphia is doing something right (for once!) or
Verisign has managed to implement it only in certain netblocks - or
something.

> Then again, I also run my own caching NS.

Using Adelphia's cacheing NSs here at home.

> If Verisign is doing this on a root-global scale (rather than as an
> "option" for people who want it), they need root authority revoked.
> Yesterday.

Aye.  And with extreme prejudice.

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.