[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:49 CST 2003

On Dec 15, 2003, at 8:00 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2003, at 7:18 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > I certainly don't have a problem with the idea of jury duty.
> >
> > (Now what I *DO* have a problem with is the practice of the legal
> teams
> > involved screening the jurors to try to select the most ignorant and
> > impressionable, rather than the intelligent jurors capable of
> reasoning
> > for themselves.  I know several people who've told me that whenever
> > they've been called for jury duty, the moment they state they have a
> > college degree, they're eliminated from the pool.)
> >
> That does sound wrong.... my problem is the fact that it is time off
> without pay.

I've been registered for years, and only called once.  Perhaps I used
to move around too often.

My case was a civil liability case; they didn't toss college grads out;
I distinctly recall there ware a pair of  Aggies on the jury.  Perhaps
it was the case (it was a big deal for the parties involved, but not
otherwise A Big Deal) or the venue (Rockwall County, Texas ain't the
big city).

Brian