[geeks] Important lessons... (Nothing to do with CCW in Ohio!)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:47 CST 2003

--- Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com> wrote:

> How about teaching people when they are young what a gun does and
> what responsibilities it comes with?  A nasty thought that many
> parents would stone me for but still a valid idea.

There is a short list of lessons most parents would do well to theach
their children (but, unfortunately, I think too few parents understand
these lessons):

1) Compund Interest

2) Sexual Responsibility

3) That Guns will put holes in things

4) That matches are not to be played with

5) You are responsible for your own actions/decisions

These are in no particular order...

Oh, reading, writing and arithmetic are important too... And I guess
you could add one more:

6) Just because it came pre-installed on your new computer doesn't mean
you have to use it ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall