[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:46 CST 2003

On Dec 13, 2003, at 11:43 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> The problem is as was mentioned earlier.
>
> If anti-gun people write the tests, no-one would ever pass because they
>    don't trust anyone to own a gun.
> If pro-gun people write the tests, the anti-gun people will scream
>    bloody murder that the tests are fixed.
> And if you assign a mixture of both to write the tests, they'll never
> be
>    able to agree on a test.

Hmm I say let them scream.... then whimper.... then shut up.  It's not
a morality test so there isn't anything to argue.  It's a factual
training test.  There is only one right answer to each question.  I.e.
there would be no questions of judgment where there was no clear-cut
answer.

> (This despite the fact that, frankly, shooters are the only people
> *qualified* to write the tests, because most of the anti-gunners
> scarcely even know which end the bullet comes out of, let alone have
> the vaguest idea how to handle, fire or carry a gun safely.)

Pet-peeve... why do they show in cartoons and stylistic art .... the
casing traveling attached to the bullet?

Andrew