[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:45 CST 2003

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 @ 02:09 -0500, Phil Stracchino said:

> > Doesn't Feinsetin also carry a pistol?

> She does.  And to add insult to injury, it's a Beretta 92FS, one of
> those high-capacity semi-autos that she wrote a bill to ban because
> they had no purpose except killing large numbers of people quickly and
> mere law-abiding citizens shouldn't be allowed to own them.

I've always found this idea that more ammunition or larger calibers
causes more crime.  For that matter, as long as your are properly
trained, there is nothing wrong with having an automatic.

Of course, that gets back into the certification issue.

> She also had herself made a Federal Marshal at the "back door" of the
> Department of Justice so that she could carry it concealed in any
> state, in airports, and on flights.

Nice.  I wish someone would force her to serve as the title suggests.

> Before that, as Mayor of San Francisco, she had a .38 revolver and a
> concealed carry permit, and she carried the .38 every day because she

This is just yet another example of people who want guns banned, as long
as they are in power or it doesn't include their own.

> so she held a press conference at which she publicly turned in her CCW
> permit and turned her .38 over to be melted down.

I remember watching one of those "gun burning" deals and thinking of
how stupid all those people were.

A lot of guns turned in were turned in by people who didn't actually
own them.  There were a lot of really pissed off gun owners after the
last one I read about, where people illegally turned in their guns for
destruction.

I think if someone did that to me, I'd show them just how lethal a
Lousiville Slugger can be.

Little league would never be the same again... :)