[geeks] Paypal stuffs

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:45 CST 2003

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 @ 10:55 -0500, Andrew Weiss said:

> On Dec 12, 2003, at 11:46 PM, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
> >Even though you have closed the account they can come after the credit
> >card or bank account you had in association with the account. (check
> >the user agreement)
> >

> True perhaps, but my bank is already on alert and ready to help and so
> am I... and I never used the credit card on the account at all.  It
> just sat there.  I was always using my checking account... which is why
> I became so paranoid...

It's supposed to be illegal for them to retract from a checking account.

For that matter, it is for a credit card if they do it for the wrong
reasons.

The real fun comes in when your credit card is one of those that draws
directly from your checking account.

Very dangerous loophole.

If your bank gave you one of those combination debit/credit cards, get
rid of it, and make them give you a debit-only card.