[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:43 CST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 00:17:48 -0500
Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Who knows... maybe he's getting too old for this sort of thing... :)

There was a recent episode where he visits a Marine sniper training
facility and gets to pop a few shots downrange.  If the editing is to be
believed, he did quite well.

In the end, r. Lee Ermey is entertaining, if nothing else.  The show can
be informative, but mostly it's just fun to watch.

> But a generation trained by Hollywood thinks it is how you fight if
> you have a machine gun, or for that matter, a fast firing pistol.

Yup, and to effectively fire a Glock you turn it on it's side.  Never
mind that you'd never be able to control the gun in that position, and
it'll stovepipe after the first round anyway.  And we're supposed to
believe that some skinny guy can effectively wield a couple Desert
Eagles, in any caliber, in rapid fire.  Thpplllt!

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.