[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:41 CST 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 12:47:07AM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Fri, 12 Dec 2003 @ 21:01 -0500, Kurt Huhn said:
> > On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:37:51 -0600 Martin Wedel wrote:
> > > Yes, it really chaps my ass. But then so does the 'assault rifle' ban,
> > > but that's a whole other can of worms.
> >
> > Yes, fuck you vey much Mr Clinton and Ms Feinstein....
>
> Doesn't Feinsetin also carry a pistol?

She does.  And to add insult to injury, it's a Beretta 92FS, one of
those high-capacity semi-autos that she wrote a bill to ban because they
had no purpose except killing large numbers of people quickly and mere
law-abiding citizens shouldn't be allowed to own them.  She also had
herself made a Federal Marshal at the "back door" of the Department of
Justice so that she could carry it concealed in any state, in airports,
and on flights.

Before that, as Mayor of San Francisco, she had a .38 revolver and a
concealed carry permit, and she carried the .38 every day because she
was afraid of "terrorist threats on her life".  There were exactly seven
CCW permits in the city and county of San Francisco, and every one of
those seven was held by Feinstein or one of her friends and cronies.
Then when she ran for the Senate on an anti-gun platform, her CCW permit
(which is public record in CA) became politically embarrassing for her,
so she held a press conference at which she publicly turned in her CCW
permit and turned her .38 over to be melted down.

Only problem was, the .38 revolver she turned in to be melted down
apparently wasn't hers.  The word is it was provided for her, for that
purpose, from San Francisco PD's evidence room by the police chief.
No-one outside of SFPD knows what case it was evidence in, so no-one
(except, probably, the then police chief and presumably the then DA)
knows what happened to the case after a presumably-key piece of evidence
was melted down.

(There is, of course, no documentation of this.  If there was, she and
the police chief would probably have been charged with, at the least,
evidence tampering.  Feel free to treat it as hearsay.)