[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:41 CST 2003

On Saturday, December 13, 2003, at 12:34 AM, Francisco Javier
Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Of course there is the question of troops being able to not just
> "spray"
> but at least concentrate the "spray" into a specific direction.

The best relevant idea to this was something I read in an old Sci-Fi
novel where the smaller but better armed force was being cut down.  The
leader looks over and says "Everybody forgets that a machine gun is not
a death-ray!"

> There is also the notion of ammo-management, that Hollywood
> blissfully ignores, and that is actually one of the most stressful
> parts of
> engagement. To this day I can still keep mental count of silly things
> like my
> keystrokes just out of sheer training, not just because running out of
> ammo is a bad idea, but also because some guns were picking about
> melting if
> they got way too hot for a few seconds (i.e. lots o' rounds).

I laughed like hell at the bullet counter in Hot Shots - Part Deux!

At least they counted.  ;-)

Mike