[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:37 CST 2003

On Dec 12, 2003, at 5:40 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> --- Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at plexus.com> wrote:
>
> > Q: You know what the difference is between a PFC and a 2nd
> > Lieutenant?
> > A: The PFC has been promoted once.
>
> I like that - a lot.
>
> (Caveat - My military background is comprised of nearly 100% "The
> History Channel", with a little bit of "The World at War" series from
> the 70's... Oh, and liberal doses of "Patton" and M.A.S.H. ;^)

I first heard that maybe the third day of boot camp in 1985.  Our
Company XO (2nd Lt. Sikoli) had just finished giving us a lights out
motivation lecture.  It didn't help that he looked about 20, affected a
hard-ass attitude and was a (gasp) Finance Officer by MOS.   After he
departed, the DI turned out the lights and waited for a long minute for
the zero to depart the area.  Then he told that joke to a packed and
silent room of recruits.  Funny as hell in the context, and pretty
funny afterward.

~brian