[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:37 CST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 08:59:49PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Dan Duncan wrote:
> > As I recall, 'Phil Stracchino' wrote:
> > > Tennessee is also an open-carry state, as is of course Vermont.
> >
> > Vermont will go you one better.  It's also a concealed carry state.
> > No permit needed.
>
> There's a downside - there isn't another state in the union that'll
> honor that kind of carry.  For instance, just try and carry in MA....

There is that drawback.  I understand that at one point, Vermont was
considering creating an actual CCW permit, which would be shall-issue
and not actually required in Vermont, solely for interstate reciprocity
purposes.  I have no idea what happened to the idea, but I've heard
nothing more about it since, so I assume it died along the way
somewhere.