[geeks] Cold Steel knives

Aaron Finley arnach at arnach.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:35 CST 2003

Steven Hill wrote:
>>They always struck me as gimmicky knockoffs of questionable quality.
>>Try looking here for "production":
>> http://www.agrussell.com
>>
>>I'm fond of CRKT, Gerber, Spyderco and A.G. Russell's eponymous brand.

Gerber, Spyderco are overpriced and underperforming. Benchmade are much
better knives for the price.

Anyway, I have a Cold Steel Gunsite folder, 5" folder, impressive, good
build, extremely sharp blade from the sharp, however loses edge easily
and hard to sharpen. Serrations broke off from regular use. However, if
you have to carry a folder, I'd recommend the Gunsite, since it carries
extremely well and it can cut through extreme amounts of rope with one
swipe. (was bored)

-- Aaron