[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Martin Wedel geeks at xsintrk.net
Sat Dec 20 03:25:34 CST 2003

What burns my ass is the fact that Missouri legislators recently passed a CCW law
after overriding the governors veto. That's fine and dandy and we're
all happy here until a few liberal judges trip all over themselves to
put a block on the law so they can debate it's constitutionality.
Their claim? Something to do with how the funds for the program will
be raised to pay for the permits, despite the fact that this cost has
been built into the bill.

I'm all for protecting the voice of the few, but at what
point do we consider the fact that the vast majority of people here
want concealed carry? What good does it do 80% of the people to vote
in favor of a law when it only takes one person to fuck it up for the
rest of us? Where are our rights to have our votes heard? Ridiculous.

Yes, it really chaps my ass. But then so does the 'assault rifle' ban,
but that's a whole other can of worms.

--
Best regards,
 Martin                            mailto:geeks at xsintrk.net