[geeks] CCW for Ohio!

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:33 CST 2003

On Dec 12, 2003, at 3:13 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2003, at 4:09 PM, Brian Dunbar wrote:
> > Q: You know what the difference is between a PFC and a 2nd
> Lieutenant?
> > A: The PFC has been promoted once.
> >
> If I'm not mistaken a 2nd Lt. comes after Warrant Officer (Air Force,
> Army, and Marines)
>
> Andrew

You're kinda sorta mistaken.  Warrants are NCOs given the rank because
they are host sh*t in their specialty.  They aren't expected to command
per se, but they usually do.

A 2nd Lt is a brand new wet behind the ears officer with more balls
than experience.  If they stand up, take a bullet, and provide a
glorious example for their men, they've done their job.

There are exceptions - the US Army commissions a lot of their helo
pilots as warrants direct from the civilian world, and some enlisted
guys will jump into the officer's rank - called a Mustang in the
Marines.