[geeks] RE: cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Sat Dec 20 03:25:31 CST 2003

Lionel wrote:

> > Well, if you want windows to be reliable, you have to have
> > a failover cluster. 8-)
>
> A RAIS array - Redundant Array of Instable Systems? ;^)

   I don't think that "instable" is a real word: you'd need RAUS or "Redundant
Array of Unstable Systems." And in the wonderful book "A Princess Bride" --
which is even better than the movie, BTW -- there are poisonous vermin living
in the Fire Swap called rouses, or Rodents Of Unusual Size.
   Oh, yeah, ObGeeks: a tech swapped my street phone line last night, and I
found out that my Verizon DSL went live about ten minutes after I went to bed
last night. :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt