[geeks] RE: cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Sat Dec 20 03:25:28 CST 2003

Yesterday, I wrote:

> [Someone] suggested that I bury conduit to the neighbor's house (or
> give him wireless access) and then split the monthy fee with him.

   Last night, while surfing the web via dial-up (since Verizon screwed up my
order, I'm still limited to 56k!), I had leisure to read the oddly-shaped
Terms Of Service pamphlet that I won't be able to accept until my link comes
up.
   As it turns out, once my service is set up I'm not allowed to share the DSL
link. Good thing this never got beyond the conceptual stage!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator